AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
wait a minute??? amazing race and survivor werent even shown on HD??? how did they pull this off?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
hmm.... ok if thats the case... if they were shot in hd ... why werent they shown in hd?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Where is My Name is Earl and the Office... wouldnt mind Heroes either. I havent seen it, but heard good things.

the only NBC shows I actually watch.. all my other shows are on ABC and Fox... so we wont be seeing those anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcnair /forum/post/0

Where is My Name is Earl and the Office... wouldnt mind Heroes either. I havent seen it, but heard good things.

the only NBC shows I actually watch.. all my other shows are on ABC and Fox... so we wont be seeing those anytime soon.

Actually, "My Name Is Earl" is a Fox release... so no hope of ever seeing those.

BTW, some of the shows on ABC and FOX are from Warner/Universal/Paramount. I'm kind of hoping they'll get around to releasing the complete series of "The O.C." (Warner Bros.) on HD DVD.

I'd LOVE "Heroes" on HD DVD.

~Alan

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Heros is insanely popular. I'm sure we wont see a dvd / hd dvd release until the late summer just in time for people to buy them and watch them for the new season .

They do this with almost all the tv shows. Right before the new season they release the season before

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric D. /forum/post/0

Heroes is amazing, and I would love it in HD DVD!

I've been capturing these OTA on a Media Center PC and authoring them as full 1080i HD DVD on standard DVD-R. I have the last six episodes, and if anyone has the first six in uncompressed raw files I'd love to complete my collection.

(I have the first six on 480i DVDs, but dumped the original files before I learned to author HD DVD.)

P.S., Don't ask me for copies, I'm not going to break forum rules. But I'd be willing to swap if anyone has the files I'm missing and wants to PM.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
There is a trend...no matter what is released, there will be people unhappy and wanting more. HD DVD is a growing format. We will not get all the A titles now. Just won't happen. Didn't happen with DVD and won't happen here. Lets just be patient if we can.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I'm really hoping Heroes is released on HD-DVD D&D with the SD versions. I had to put that series on hold, now that 24 started
After watching the first (how many) episodes before the break, in HD, not gonna be worth it to get the SD DVDs

Also The Office ASAP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover /forum/post/0

There is a trend...no matter what is released, there will be people unhappy and wanting more. HD DVD is a growing format. We will not get all the A titles now. Just won't happen. Didn't happen with DVD and won't happen here. Lets just be patient if we can.

I fully agree, lets be patient I mean seriously they cant make EVERYONE happy at once lets let them do it right the 1st time (Id rather have quality releases(wetehr it be for video, audio, or movies overall) Quality of quantity is what I say tgey will release thier A titels soon enough

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 /forum/post/0

hmm.... ok if thats the case... if they were shot in hd ... why werent they shown in hd?

The story is that the editing takes too long in HD right now. The equipment isn't fast enough to get a show like Amazing Race on the air in the timeframe needed.

That's the story anyway.

I would LOVE to see Amazing Race in HD.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/0

Yes.

(I thought the thread here was for laughs (a blu ray supporter prank thread) as the titles announced are laughable...
)

But perhaps not....tough crowd!

dont worry their coming
i just had hoped that cause you sold your player you wouldnt post here anymore? anyone think the same?

http://hometheaterforum.com/htf/show...=250368&page=3

·
Registered
27,600 Posts
If the titles improve, I'll rebuy.

Like the Matrix!!! Where the hell is it?! It was advertised on the first HD DVD I bought!

I never said I wouldn't post...just not as often.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.