AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blu-ray has PCM lossless. What is the HD DVD equivalent of that ?? Reason I'm asking is because all the movies I have on BR that have PCM sound absolutely incredible, and nothing that I've heard through my HD A1 sounds as good, very close but not as good. Batman sounds awesome in TrueHD but the surround speakers are barely audible, there is not much action going on back there.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlm13 /forum/post/0

Blu-ray has PCM lossless. What is the HD DVD equivalent of that ?? Reason I'm asking is because all the movies I have on BR that have PCM sound absolutely incredible, and nothing that I've heard through my HD A1 sounds as good, very close but not as good. Batman sounds awesome in TrueHD but the surround speakers are barely audible, there is not much action going on back there.

True HD is the equivalent. It also is lossless...packed data that's then expanded back to bit for bit PCM lossless. Batman has lots of surround activity, so I'd recheck your calibration for the HD A1. How are you outputting it to your processor? The same way as your BR player? Analog? HDMI?

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
How many TrueHd titles have you heard? This is an odd perception, others feel the same as you. Such a perception usually ends in some bitter discussion over it. I feel LPCM is awesome, I wish it was a requirement on all BD titles.

I would expect Batman to have the same amount of surround content no matter what the audio encode is to tell the truth. Like Batman in DTS is not going to give you more content in the surround speakers then Batman TrueHD and it shouldn'.

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I;m not here to argue, but I've heard Troy V for Vendetta and Batman Returns. They all lack in surround activity. The sound is mainly in the front. I agree with you on LPCM. It should be a requirement on all BD's. Best example is Crank and Descent. I was floored, how good they sound.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlm13 /forum/post/0

I;m not here to argue, but I've heard Troy V for Vendetta and Batman Returns. They all lack in surround activity.

I can spot a troll thread when I see one. Blu-Ray PCM and DTS Master are better than TrueHD, blah, blah, blah.

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirelessGuru /forum/post/0

I can spot a troll thread when I see one. Blu-Ray PCM and DTS Master are better than TrueHD, blah, blah, blah.

I never said it's better than TrueHD (they can put it on Blu-ray too not just HD DVD). If you take your time and READ, maybe you can open your mind just enough to see what was said/asked. "Batman sounds awesome in TrueHD but the surround speakers are barely audible, there is not much action going on back there."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.