AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has tried out the web-enabled features on their HD DVDs lately? I checked Transformers on both the UP5K and BH200 today. (Just for grins.) It actually worked without a hitch on the BH200. The UP5K spun for awhile when Transformers first started up like it was downloading something, but I never got to the actual download screen. Curious if it works for others??

·
Banned
11,424 Posts
haven't tried any HD DVD web content lately, but when the 5k hangs in such a scenario, just format the HD DVD memory. There's something amiss with the cookies.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yep my web enabled HD DVDs still worked cept for the German Steelbook T2.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey all, thanks for trying it out yourselves. When the format war ended there were alot of blu-types saying that HD DVDs would soon be rendered the equivalent of Profile 1.1 because the servers would be shut off. Nice to see that isn't the case...yet. (But hey, it is a year later!
) My guess is that for many of the titles that were released in both formats, the same servers/content are used in both cases--Transformers, for instance. So maybe they'll never be shut off??

Thanks for the tip on the UP5K, vinnie. I'll try that. And let me know if you are able to access the content. Before this latest test, I'd never tried the UP5K for web content.

Again, thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vinnie -- OK, what if it doesn't seem to want to let me format the HD DVD flash? I went into persistent storage and--for grins--formated the BD side, no problem. Then I went to clear the HD side and the dialog came up asking me if I was sure, I hit OK, and the dialog just stayed up. Does this mean the memory is hosed or I need to reload the firmware or what?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts