AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm looking at purchasing an HD-Dvd player from the US as they are around US$1,000 over here for the US$299 version. So can someone please list US retailers selling these units so i can try and get one shipped. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCooper /forum/post/0

Hi i'm looking at purchasing an HD-Dvd player from the US as they are around US$1,000 over here for the US$299 version. So can someone please list US retailers selling these units so i can try and get one shipped. Thanks for any help.

Quick reply:

bestbuy.com

circuitcity.com

sears.com

walmart.com

Good luck,

BOB

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
CraigCooper - I bought mine through Amazon.com

Signup with www.shipbuktu.co.nz - They provide you with a US shipping address, and will forward it onto NZ. Delivery for my HDA2 was $148 NZD, and it came through GST free (though one cannot guarentee that).

It's a bit of a PITA having to use a third party transhipping company, but as far as i'm aware Toshiba Authorised retailers are not allowed to ship internationally.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki /forum/post/0

CraigCooper - I bought mine through Amazon.com

Signup with www.shipbuktu.co.nz - They provide you with a US shipping address, and will forward it onto NZ. Delivery for my HDA2 was $148 NZD, and it came through GST free (though one cannot guarentee that).

It's a bit of a PITA having to use a third party transhipping company, but as far as i'm aware Toshiba Authorised retailers are not allowed to ship internationally.

Absolutely awesome man.
That's exactly what i was looking for.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCooper /forum/post/0

http://www.*********************/avstc.htm

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Forgot to add - the HD-A2 is 110 volt (50 or 60 htz), so you'll need a step down converter (well i'm not game enough to try without).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki /forum/post/0

Forgot to add - the HD-A2 is 110 volt (50 or 60 htz), so you'll need a step down converter (well i'm not game enough to try without).

Can i just pick one of those up in NZ, or do i have to order one of those as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.