AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Direct TV HD DVR (HR10-250) and love it...But I haven't been able to take full advantage of it yet. I have 4 outputs from my dish, one going to 4 different rooms/recievers. The HD DVR requires two lines to allow simulatanious recording. Added a multiswitch on single line to DVR to split line, but receiver is not receiving signals from all transponders

HELP

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Tell us what multiswitch you are using and please describe in more detail how you have it connected.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
In order for a multiswitch to work correctly, all 4 outputs from the dish need to be hooked to it then your runs go into the house from the switch...

Your gonna need something like the Terk M58 and a new line run in from where you install the multiswitch to where ever your Tivo is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Multiswitch is manufactured by 'Dynex' (was purchased at Best Buy). I believe there already is one multiswitch at the dish itself that creates the four lines I currently have. I was told that I would be able to add another multiswitch on one of the split lines to creat two more for the DVR. Was I mislead?

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Quote:
Was I mislead?
Yes.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have the same set up and was told that I need a 5x8 multiswitch in order to achieve fully functioning HdTivos at 2 locations. I was told to switch the 4 lines from the LNB's on the existing 4x4 multiswitch to the "ins" on the new 5x8 multiswitch. The 4 "out" lines on the existing 4x4 would also be moved over to the new 5x8 and I would have to add 2 new lines from the 5x8 "outs" to the Tivo locations.

I have not attempted this project yet because my dilemma is powering the multiswitch. I have to install the multiswitch outdoors in order to hook up with the existing cable runs. This location is about 25 feet away from a power outlet in the garage where the new cable runs will pass.

Does anyone know how these multiswitches can be powered from that distance? It appears that the A/C power input on the switch is a regular RF coax connection. Is RG6 cable used in some fashion to connect to a wall switch?

Thanks for any help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.