AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live 80 miles east of Kansas City. What do I need to get the Super Bowl in HD? I know nothing about HD. I have DishN. No 811's for 3-4 weeks. Anybody have any suggestions? So, basically I need to know how and what it takes and then a way to get it done.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
You can get one on EBay, see if you can rent a DTV Tuner, or see if you local cable company carries HD and is willing to hook you up for a month.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Well you're not going to get it via satellite this year, (BEV excluded) so that leaves cable and OTA. If you could get HD via cable, I'd imagine you'd have it so I'll skip that one as well. That leaves OTA reception. Visit antennaweb to see if your CBS affil is broadcasting a digital signal and what type of antenna it'll take for you to pull it in. If it's available you'll need an OTA tuner to go w/your antenna. Read up.

Brian

·
Registered
644 Posts
A. if you get it via cable, all you need is the cable service, a cable box, & an hd-ready tv.

B. if you want ota:

1. you'll need an antenna. go to www.antennaweb.org to figure out what size/type of antenna you need, which stations in your area are digital, and how far away from you they are. if there's a cbs affiliate broadcasting digitally in your area, you'll be able to get the super bowl in hd. if there's no digital cbs affiliate in your area, you're out of luck for ota. vhf covers the channels in the 2-13 range, while uhf is channel 14 & above. determine if you want vhf, uhf, or both. that will determine if you should get a vhf, uhf, or vhf/uhf combo antenna.

2. install the antenna & run coax from the antenna into your house to your tv room.

3. get an hdtv receiver. you can either get an hdtv card for your computer & connect that to your tv, or you can get an ota set-top-box (stb), such as the samsung sir-t line of receivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.