AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I get a fairly-good picture most of the time from KNSD's NTSC channel 39 transmitter, 140 miles over the salt water, at my house. Mountains block all LA OTA.

Is it worth trying for HDTV OTA from San Diego?

Anyone down there seeing Mt Wilson? I realize the Wilson-SD feedpath is all Orange County stucco and palm trees, whereas I'm using salt water coax. Would that make a difference?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The claim is that ocean works well.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just discovered all the relevant posts in the KCOP thread ... funny a search for the word "Diego" didn't turn them up...

Anyway, any thoughts y'all have on this would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
For the most part, if you can receive the analog singal you will get the digital. I would run to Goodguys and pick up a DTC-100 and hook it up to your antenna and to a PC monitor and see what you get. You have 30 days to exchange the DTC-100 if you can pick up a signal.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Since KNSD-40's transmitter is located at an altitude much higher than KGTV and KFMB's, your chances aren't as bad as you might hear. Of course it depends on your location and you'll have to have a competant antenna like a Channel Master 4-bay bowtie, mounted outdoors.

For details, search for the "DTV in San Diego (KGTV and KPBS)" thread in the HDTV Programming forum.

[This message has been edited by Joe_M (edited 05-05-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.