AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a family wedding in Cincy this last weekend and chatted with my nephew about HD. He works at Time-Warner Cable and said they were offering ESPN, HBO, and Showtime but that the local network stations weren't offering Time-Warner any HD content to pass through. I thought there was probably a misunderstanding so I told him I would get back to him after posting the question on AVS.

Do any of you Cincy folks know what's going on here? Let me know and I will pass this thread on to him.

Jack

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I'm afraid your Nephew is wrong if he was referring to Time Warner Cincinnati. TWC Cincy carries ALL the Cincinnati digital stations which Do HD, which are: CBS, ABC, NBC and PBS(2 stations) stations. We've seen some local HD productions and the CBS affilaite at least used to carry the Paramount HDOne movies in HD, we haven't seen one of those in a while, though.

Fox digital Cincy with Widescreen on the air(since 1999 or 2000 - upconverted at the station to 1080i no less), but TWC doesn't carry it. WB Digital Cincy on the air, but not HD yet, TWC doesn't carry it either. They also don't carry the 6 digital stations(most with HD) out of Dayton, which many in the Cincy area can receive OTA, many in Cincy area do receive the Dayton analogs via Cable(they are in "must carry" areas I presume). Dayton TWC does carry a couple of the Dayton HD stations(NBC and PBS). 14 Digital stations on the air in SW Ohio Total at present, 10 of which do HD, most all are receivable OTA in most areas of Cincinnati and Dayton, except where terrain/etc is a particular prolbem. Dayton/Cincy TV towers are at most, a little over 40 miles apart.

Most recent Cincinnati thread is here, previous thread/threads referenced on or near first page of most of the recent threads :

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=272934

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.