AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. Having Direct TV installed in next week. Having normal install, with Sony Direct receiver, adn Ellipitical dish. So obviously, installer will tune to both 101 sat and 119 sat. Then about a week later, installing 2nd receiver, Toshiba 3000 HD box. What will happen when the installer tunes in 119, on the HD channels? WIll there be nothing until I hook up my HD box later? Or will he get a signal/picture, but not in HD? This will at least tell me that he has hooked up everything right, and not crossed up anything. I am trying to make it correct, so when I go to "plug" in my HD box a week or two later, I wont run into problems receiving HD channels!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Only an HD receiver is capable of receiving the HD channels 199 and 509 from the 119 sat. Your regular DirecTV receiver will show "Channel Not Available" on these channels.

If you are wondering if you are receiving a signal from the 119 sat, try tuning to the NASA channel at 376 or the Para Todos channels which start at 400. If you are receiving NASA or are hearing Spanish on 400, you're getting a signal from the 119 sat.

Make sure that your installer does get a signal of at least 60 from the 119 sat and have him test it on these channels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.