AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the LEEZA care if the DVI-D connection is single link. Or is the LEEZA only compatible with a DVI-D dual link. One of my DVI cables is a DVI-D single link, do I have to replace it?

Thanks,

Cap

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Cap:

I think you can get an adapter to change your cable to the plug you need.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adapter? It fits fine. DVI-D Single Link just has 6 less pins then the DVI-D dual link. I've tried the single link DVI-D on a a number of sources that are dual link to my projector which is also dual link and they all worked and looked fine. I just want to know if the LEEZA has a known limitation with a DVI-D single link. Do they require DVI-D double link?

The reason I ask is because one of DVI-D cables is single link, and want to know if I have to replace it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I seriously doubt it is dual-link since there isn't any pratical way to do this with HDCP - at least not with the currently available parts by Silicon Image. Dual link DVI literally requires the use of two DVI transmitter chips.

BTW - what projector do you have that claims use dual-link DVI?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maranatz VP-12s2.

I understand that the projector does not use 2 TMDS 165 mhz tranmitters. However, the connection is of type dual link. That is all I meant.

I am not asking if the LEEZA utilizes the both links. I just want to know if the LEEZA requirea a dual link cable even though it might use only a single link.

Thanks,

Cap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.