AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,104 Posts
Tom,

That posting means the official release date is by the end of the month, not June.

Many products have a release date where a limited quantity of products is sent to dealers. It happened the same with my cell phone (P800). It was available, but because the quantity was limited (and demand was high) the price went up (I bought it for $700, but some people bought it for over $1000). I still purchased it (it was difficult to get a hold of) and I couldn't be happier. It's supposed to be officially released here within 12-18 months. I'll probably have another cell phone by then...

Anyway, back on topic...

The fact that only a limited quantity is going to be released is probably because they want to both make sure that the product is acceptable to the mass public. Also, they probably prefer to have most customers ready with the second iteration of the firmware (not the first). The first iteration will allow our forum to start getting vital performance & PQ information before purchase.

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
So how many dealers does Key have? If they are releasing 100, I have to believe some of those will go to dealer preoder folks like us.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,104 Posts
bpape,

No one knows how those 100 units will be distributed. I don't think the dealers will keep these units to themselves, and will likely provide the first units to urgent orders, key customers, and long-standing preorders.

Which dealer did you preorder from (an online one)?

·
Registered
701 Posts
well, i spoke to the canadian distributor for KD yesterday, and they said that the last release date they were given by KD was april 29...

they also said they had allocated all of the units they were receiving. which makes me SOL :( ; but then, it might be prudent for me to wait to see what kind of reviews the Leeza receives.

prudent. yeah, that's what i'm going to keep telling myself... :)

- jd

·
Registered
547 Posts
oferlaor,

how do you like your P800. please describe in details. I am thinking of getting it vs. (having both a cell phone and a pocket pc). most of my contacts are in my cell phone anyway, no need to get a separate PDA. thanks

Seng

·
Premium Member
8,104 Posts
Seng,

Wrong forum for it (and wrong thread too!).

I LOVE IT! Not everyone does, but I'm quite content (I waited 18 months for it).

There are plenty of forums for cellphones (esato, howardforums, my-symbian, allaboutsymbian, and a few USENET and Yahoo groups). Plus, you can always email me ([email protected])

·
Banned
959 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thirdkind
I placed my order last year with AVS. October or November, it's been so long I can't remember ;)
If you had invested that money in real estate here in D.C., instead of the hdleeza, you would now have enough money to buy the new ROCK PRO! Fools!

·
Registered
925 Posts
well, at least you amuse somebody, james bond ;-)

doody.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.