Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The link is schedule.AtlantaDTV.org .

Read the usage tips under the post-it note. In general, if it's yellow, there's more information by hovering or clicking.

What more could you ask for?

o Better Netscape support (use IE5+ now)

o Printer friendly version link (easy enough)

o More timezones (is the demand there?)

Feedback from this forum has brought improvements already. We want your feedback so we can make more. It's only there for your benefit with no ads or commercial support. Is this what you need? If so, book mark the page and enjoy. If not, please let us know here.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bmello
Nice Work CB. No listing for CBS College Football this Sat. though. Maybe you don't have room to add the additional time slots to the schedule?? :)
Oh ye of little faith.

If it's yellow...

We figured that the "main thing" was to see primetime. We considered flipping the schedule upside down so that primetime would be at the top, with the beginning of the day lower down. But that was just too counter-intuitive.

If you click on the "date" in the top left corner (as described in the usage information under the post-it note) the schedule switches from primetime only to a full 24 hour schedule. Check it out. :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Great job!

I like how you can cursor over the name of the show and get the description, very nice.

Now if I could only be interested in more than just CBS-HD and HBO. I have dish and no OTA for fox or ABC.:mad:

Again, Great job keep it up!

Mike Flanagan

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cbgenrich
o More timezones (is the demand there?)
Absolutely! I was just looking at your site yesterday, admiring the improvements. Unfortunately, the HBO and Showtime listings are useless to me since I live on the West Coast.

Please, please DO offer other time zones!

Mary

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly how does one know the difference between one timezone's schedule and another's?

CBS's web site simply states their show times are like 8:00PM ET/PT. And Central and Mountain are always one hour behind these listed times and everyone there just was born knowing that?

If so, does that logic also apply to ABC, NBC, FOX and PBS?

Then there's the big (only?) three HD feeds from satelites. HDNet's web site only says "Eastern Time". HBO has HBOHD East and HBOHD West. Is that two satelites? They appear to have completely separate schedules? They should be treated as two separate channels? At www.showtimeonline.com I see Showtime HDTV East, but no west? They don't have two satelites? Who all can see which satelites?

In order to provide the timezone specific listings, we'll have to know what you want to see in your timezone. It seems that networks often expect you to figure out what they meant (that makes it easy for us).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fantastic job, CB. Much improved, and easy on the eyes...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Listings need to be 24 hours to really be useful.

HBO and Showtime show some of their best content in the wee hours.

Thanks!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tmitchmd
Listings need to be 24 hours to really be useful.

HBO and Showtime show some of their best content in the wee hours.
The schedule is 24 hours: The default is to display prime time first. If you click on the day/date (upper left corner of the schedule table -- not the date on the calendar) it will switch to a 24-hour schedule.

The "post-it" note in the top frame gives this tip and others about using the HD Schedule page.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just a follow-up to CB's post:

I strongly recommend using Internet explorer to view the schedule in its full glory. Netscape 6.x seems to work okay, but IE is the only browser that provides all of the cool functionality that CB has built into the schedule.

·
Registered
185 Posts
FOX is NOT broadcasting any true hi-def programming. They only provide standard-def wide screen.

·
Registered
599 Posts
CB

you guys changed the calendar code over the last version or so to use a "on click" instead of a regular link on a calendar day.

thats no problem for me, but I'd like to offer a suggestion...

I think someone should be able to look at prior day's programming, especially YESTERDAY, to see if something was on and if it was missed.

since no one can now look at prior day's schedule even by right-clicking and opening into a new window (i had already tried that on the prior version), then go ahead and keep your color difference for prior days, but put the ONCLICK and ONMOUSEOVER/OUT code into those prior days as well - simple change.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pretty Fantastic! This is the first time I have looked at the guide. This will really be useful, especially if the printer friendly version happens. I am in the Central time zone, and since most guides are listed in E/P times, I am used to doing the math, but an option to print the guide in my zone would be the ultimate. Thanks for the great effort.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.