AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new HD user and have a new Hughes HD receiver. I get my HDNET and HBO HD just fine. My installer programmed in the local channels through the antenna but I think I messed them up when later that night I registered the card with DirecTV because now I seem to have wiped out the HD locals and only have the DirecTV locals. I've tried to re-program and searched for local channels but the DirecTV is still all I see. Can somebody advise me what to do to get the HD locals and also if I have a irresolvable problem because I'm getting DirecTV local. I still need to get DirecTV locals for my DirecTivo. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Good selection. I have the Toshiba clone.

More than likely you have to reinput your zip code. There are numerous threads about issues with locals coming and going. What version of firmware do you have? Is there an update scheduled? 5046 is what you get out of the box, 5099 is what you will want to see as the version.

To tell go to setup>installation>system test>upgrade

Under system test it will tell you what version you have. If its new you may not have the new firmware yet OR the new firmware may have gotten automatically downloaded in the middle of your setup.

Search for 5099 for the remedies on getting your locals back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.