AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how long it will be until local channels are prodcast in HD through a Direct TV HD receiver? I dont want to have to switch to Comcast but if they offer Local and more additional channels in HD without having to front hundreds of dollars and additional euipment i dont see how i can stay with direct tv despite comcasts bad service. Please advise. I can hang in for a few months but having a nice new HD ready tv and not being able to use it is killing me.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Can you pull local HD with an antenna? If so, get a D* HD receiver. If not, cable is your best bet if they carry your local HD channels. See sticky above about D*'s carriage of HD feeds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could get an antenna but then wouldnt i need to buy a HD tuner as well to go along with the HD receiver because the antenna needs to read on an HD tuner correct? My tv is HD ready but doesnt have a built in tuner.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jibreger
I could get an antenna but then wouldnt i need to buy a HD tuner as well to go along with the HD receiver because the antenna needs to read on an HD tuner correct? My tv is HD ready but doesnt have a built in tuner.
The D* receivers have OTA tuners built in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.