AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any news on when ABC and NBC will be back transmitting HD in the NYC area?

I have Cablevision and Directv which doesn't offer me local HD Currently. Only CBS and FOX HD are OTA. I would like to receive WPIX HD in Westchester but I hear its ify.

Any good cheap VHF antennas to get WPIX for Smallville? I have the Silver Sensor for UHF and its rock solid.

·
Registered
66 Posts
wpix should go back to uhf soon anyway, so i would'nt sweat the vhf. nbc,...who knows. abc went from may 1st to september 1st. i think they're just being conservative with the date. i've got a strong feeling we'll be seeing Monday Night Football in HD here in NYC/NJ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a cheap Radio Shack antenna for $8 bucks and I get CBS, FOX in great quality, but the WB signal is kinda low but still watchable. There are motion glitches in high motion. I think its because I have a wall where the broadcast is coming from. Any tips?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I might as well bump this thread up while I remember what happened.

I understand that the financing part of the ESB combiner/antenna agreement was agreed to last month. Everybody agreed who is to pay how much. Now they just agreed to the contact names on the list. Maybe now they know which lawyers have to sign on the dotted line. Until then the combiner is on hold in Orland Park, (Andrew).

Nobody is really anxious to get this thing going by the looks of it.

GT

·
Registered
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dnnsmanace
I got a cheap Radio Shack antenna for $8 bucks and I get CBS, FOX in great quality, but the WB signal is kinda low but still watchable. There are motion glitches in high motion. I think its because I have a wall where the broadcast is coming from. Any tips?
I have the same problem with WB. I have to turn off the computers in my apartment as the RF it generates it interferes with reception from the rabbit ears.

You should also try making a flag with aluminum foil and attaching it to the antenna. Good luck!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by George Thompson
Nobody is really anxious to get this thing going by the looks of it.

GT
George

Thanks for the update, but the news does not sound that great. How long will it take to get the combiner running after all the paperwork is done?

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.