AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've asked this before, but didn't get a satisfactory answer, but maybe it's just timing, so I'll try it again:

For anyone in my area, I'm trying to watch a Knicks game on FSNY tonite (ch. 624) and I have DirecTV. The same HD logo that is next to every listing on HDNet is represented next to the listing for the Knicks game. Yet when I eagerly tuned in, only to find out that it's still the blurry mish-mash that it's always been--NOT crisp, clear HD. What's the deal? Why is the HD logo up in the info box yet the game in not showing in HD? There's NOTHING worse than watching sports w/o HD!

I have a Toshiba set top box all hooked up and I get HDNET in fine. I also get SHO-HD. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a special/alternate channel I have to tune into to? Do I have to pay?

Oh yeah, I went to the DirecTV website and noticed that they were offering two other NBA games (Knicks/Nets) in HD, but you have to tune into channel 198 (the HD PPV channel) and it may only be a free preview. The next one is on 4/14. BTW, I checked and this game is NOT showing on 198. I also called DirecTV and they can't help. They don't know what the problem is. They were very nice though :)

Thanks for any help.

NoelAv

· Registered
729 Posts
I think the game is in HD on some cable systems in the New York City area. So technically it is available to some folks in HD, but not to us. My guess is that DirecTV mistakenly puts the HD logo next to the listing in the guide.

Quite a few home games on Comcast Sports Net, MSG, and Fox Sports NY are in HD on local cable systems of a variety of sports. None of those channels is HD on DirecTV so disregard any HD logo you see for those channels. (For now, at least.)

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dan, rogo. Man, that just ain't right! I should have known that this was too good to be true. Oh well. I guess we can close this thread now, huh? :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.