AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
ALL MNF games are broadcast in DD5.1. Whether you get DD5.1 in your area depends on the ability of your local ABC station to pass it through (they must have the proper equipment).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
I'm glad that MNF is in 5.1 but it's really not that impressive. As I was watching the game, my wife said she was hearing a sound like water boiling and she asked if the football game was in 5.1. I went back to listen to my rear speakers and what she was hearing was the applause from a few people...the "popping" of their hands sounded like water boiling to her.


Anyway, my point is that it seemed as though the microphones that supply the rear speakers were poorly placed. HD-NET does a much better job of wiring a football game for sound.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
My wife and I have been rather perplexed about what they're trying to accomplish in the rear channels, it sounds like a half dozen people clapping in the control room, which isn't exactly the immersion that I'd thought they'd try to accomplish using 5.1. Personally, the left and right speakers both front and back should have crowd noise, with the announcers coming from the center channel. One can obviously be much more creative in creating a mix, but this bare minimum IMHO would be far better than their current arrangement.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dblaettl
Personally, the left and right speakers both front and back should have crowd noise, with the announcers coming from the center channel.
If it were me, I'd give each announcer their own channel, so you can "turn off" the ones you don't like. :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
IMHO, 75% of the crowd noise should be at the rears, 25% in the L/R, and announcers on the C. Then, the remaining 75% of the L/R should be parabolics set up to the left and right of the line of scrimmage to hear the hits, grunts, etc., i.e., to put you in the action right on the field.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top