AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any info on this. I haven't heard anything. But I am curious.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hi, Paul - I don't have any information with regards to your question. But, may I suggest when you create a thread like this that you put a question mark (?) at the end of your Subject line.

Since you are asking a question and not posting pertinent information, a question mark in your Subject will make this clear in the thread list.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
AT&T is in the process of being sold to Comcast. They have basically not done anything to their systems in the past year as they endeavor to get out of their losing cable operation.

So the real question is probably what Comcast has in mind.

Comcast has been, along with Time Warner, one of the leaders in supplying HDTV over cable. So we can hope that something will happen.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Take a look at this link.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020506/lam094_2.html

It states AT&T's plans for Chicago's HDTV.

They are getting skimpy, as far as full bit rate is concerned, they are not carrying CBS-HD because of this. At least it's a start.

This is the answer I received from Chuck DeCourt of CBS as to why AT&T isn't carrying CBS.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by cdecourt

My understanding from NY is that AT&T only wants to provide a 12.5 Gig bit rate vs the 19.+ Gig bit rate our HD signal requires. The lower bit rate would degrade our picture quality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*******s!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.