AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on the 33rd floor of a bldg on the Hudson River and was wondering if there is anyway I can get an ABC signal from Connecticut or PA or anywhere else.

I have tried using my existing Double Bowtie to no avail, I only get CBS, PBS and Fox. I am willing to put a bigger antenna in my balcony but which one? Since it gets pretty windy on my balcony I would probably just put it on the floor of the balcony and run a cable to the dish 6000.

I would prefer to get a RS antenna since I can return it, if it doesnt work.

Vic

Can you get ABC-HD from anywhere?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Eram

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks John. I guess I will hang loose. I hope they install the digital transmitters soon. Even the non-HD material from some stations eg. NBC and WPIX looked really good on my RPTV. Its hard to go back to Dish.

Plus UPN on dish has horrible picture quality, Enterprise was almost unwatchable.

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
539 Posts
You're about 70mi from WTNH. While its probably possible to receive the signal, it would require serious gear. I use a CM1162 VHF/UHF combo that is 9' wide by 12' long. While it's only a $100 antenna it sounds like it would be too large for your application.

I would hang loose for a bit... Gary Mersen claims the networks have ordered digital gear for the Alpine site. If that doesn't work out, perhaps Dish will pick up the digital feed in addition to the CBS-DT feed they provide now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.