AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a rig that will work for producing nice 3 minute videos for a few websites. We are also wanting to upload videos to youtube. I found a Canon HF10 locally for what seems a great price but wanted to see what new models I should be looking at.

I have been reading a lot about the new format of HD and how it is hard to edit I guess. If I have to convert the format to edit them what is the point of having them in the HD format? I'm sure I'm not understanding this entire process. Frankly I just want something I can work with easy and does a good job. Will the file size of HD slow the upload of the site too much and if so should we just get a good non hd camcorder?

Maybe a few models of each to compare would be great. I don't mind buying a good used model so I put two price points. My wife says we need the price points to be a lot lower,lol. We run Ubuntu 10.04 of every single puter in the place but could get a windows machines if needed.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
HF10 is great, it was offered by Canon for $306, refurbished. Newer models are not much better. Get one, you will not be disappointed. You need a decent computer to edit AVCHD, this is for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts