AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased the Toshiba 3000 and had a question about the OTA setup. Looking at antennaweb.org it shows channel 10 (CBS I think). Do I need to pick that up with a VHF antenna or will the UHF only antenna get all of the channles? I am looking at getting the smaller version of the CM4248 (3022), but since it is UHF only...will I be able to get all the Atlanta digital broadcasts?

I live in the Acworth region and will be getting all of this setup next weekend. I just want to make sure I am getting everything I need to recieve all the channles.

Thanks in advance,

-UG

P.S. First post on this forum. I really enjoy all the info available. It's GREAT :0

·
Registered
411 Posts
UG,

Welcome to the forum. Here are the Atlanta digital stations:

CBS is channel 19

NBC is 10

ABC is 39

FOX is 27

So if you don't care about NBC, the UHF antenna will work fine.

We have a support group for HDTV here in Atlanta: www.yahoogroups.com/group/ahdtv

Antennas have been a big subject of discussion. Check out the database for information about reception and our station contacts.

Tom

[This message has been edited by tombarry (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
750 Posts
For channel 10, you will need a VHF antenna. I have the 4248 (I'm in Sandy Springs), and it will only pick up the UHF channels (listed by Tom). I use a second VHF antenna that I've combined with the UHF antenna with great success to get all four.

As Tom suggested, check out the AHDTV group. If you run into questions while setting up your antenna and trying to tweak things, this group is a great resource.

------------------

-Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.