AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HD OTA in North Dallas

542 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike K 
I'm a little further north of you, in Plano just near Plano West Senior High School. I have a Hughes E-86 (same as the Toshiba DST3000) with a Channel Master antenna in the attic. My KERA signal is marginal - before their transmitter power increase it was showing 21 on my strength meter and would not lock. Now it's around 30 - I get a lock but there are many break-ups in the picture. I have no problem receiving any of the other stations - the WFAA signal is weaker than the others (55% on the meter), everything else is at close to 100.

I repointed my antenna using KERA as the reference and got the signal strength up to 51 (Hughes E-86) which gives me a lock and a good picture with (currently) no breakups. My WFAA signal went up to 80+ at the same time.

As far as I know the KERA transmitter is much lower power than anything of the other digital stations so even though it is on the same tower as CBS the signal is weaker. Just a little extra elevation on the receiving antenna can make a lot of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.