AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a DISH6000/OTA module being fed from a CM4248 UHF Yagi with rotor and preamp. After recently raising the antenna a few feet higher, I am suddenly experiencing spikes/drops and dead periods that are rendering my local digital channels unwatchable. For example, I'll have a signal strength of 72%, which will spike to 81%, then drop to 58%, and then go dead at 00%, all within a few seconds time. Then the channel may hold steady for 10-15 minutes, before repeating the cycle and losing the picture again. This is happening on all of my major local digital channels, but at different times. Is this just a "bad air" week for me, or is something wrong with my equipment setup?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your right, sounds like you have reception problems. Why not move the antenna back where it was or re-aim it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I had to move my antenna up and down to find the best height. Unfortunately, the snow ruins the setting, so what I really need is a remote control to raise and lower it. The best height is not the same for each channel as well.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I noticed on my application that when I lowere the antenna about 6 inches, the multipath decreased. I'm not so sure there is any science in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.