AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to antennaweg.org, I can receive the NYC locals with a "large multi directional with pre-amp". I tried antennaweb.org a few weks ago and it did not list the large NYC network channels. Can this be possible? Did the networks boost their signal strength? I don't wan't to go through the efforts of the antenna only to find I can't get the OTA's I'm looking for.

Is antennaweb.org accurate? Anybody else 51 miles from NYC picking up anything?

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
I don't know what your terrain is like, but I'm out in Selden on Long Island over 50 miles away from Manhattan and I get CBS and FOX from the ESB and ABC from Conde Naste consistently well (no dropouts) with an attic CM4228 and a CM7777 Preamp. No luck with NBC for me, though. I can see a signal, just not strong enough to lock in yet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds encouraging! Especially since you are in the attic. I really don't want to but that beast on the roof either. Do you have to rotate to pick-up ABC?

I get the CBS-HD with Dish but don't see those coming soon from Dish so maybe I'll give it a shot.

** Edit, forgive my ignorance but aren't those channels VHF and the CM4228 a UHF antenna?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For Seldon, NY antennaweb.org does not list the digitial feeds for the networks, only the analog. But if you can get them, I guess it is not entirely accurate.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
They updated their site recently and did something to the way they calculate stations. The NYC digitals used to be there before the update.

I do not have to rotate. At this distance, the angle for me is pretty much the same.

CBS-DT is 56, FOX-DT is 44, and ABC-DT is 45. In case you care, NBC-DT is 28. The only one that is VHF is PIX-DT at 12, but it should be moving to 33 once the ESB combiner is up and running hopefully this spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.