AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the DTC 100 disable the S video and the RCA video outputs when the HD output is enabled??? Didn't anyone at RCA think we might want to use this with a recording device like a VCR or PVR while we watch the signal live through the HD output. Who else out there thinks this is a major flaw in the DTC 100 design????

·
Registered
533 Posts
That's one thing I do like about the Samsung SIRT150, the composite and S-Video outputs are live at all times; the only drawback is that when you are using HD outputs, the program guide menu's aren't displayed on 480i. This is hardly much of a drawback. Another thing I like about this unit is the availability of all outputs converted to 1080i, 720p, 480p, or 480i, and both RGB and component outputs are available. It's also a pretty sensitve unit, about 6 dB better than first gen units like the DTC-100. I find it's faster negotiating the menus than other STB's I've tried. Note, it is an OTA only unit- which also, is what I was looking for. If you want Sat, then you're back to looking at the Hugh's derived units, the Panasonic, or waiting for the Zenith.

Regards,

Jon

Regards,

Jon

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jon,

Where did you get the Samsung and did you shop around to find the best price? I also don't really need the satellite capabilities of the DTC 100 but I decided to get it more for the price, only $399 floor model sale at Circuit City. As far as the sensitivity level goes even though I am 75 miles from the DTV towers in my area I still get good reading in the 90s on most channels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.