AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to figure out why my setup isn't working now to stream MPEG-2 .TS files from my Toshiba laptop to my Xbox 360, when it WAS working just fine.

Now, when I try to play an MPEG-2 .TS file (which shows up as a 'recognized' video file in the Media Center browser on the 360), I get a 'Media Center has encountered an error' message.

So, the variables...was there some change to Windows in a recent automatic update? Or Windows Media Player 11?

Or was there something in the latest Xbox 360 Spring '07 dashboard update that broke the HD Pump autoconvert process?

Anyone encounter this or have some ideas/links...?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
hey there

Same thing happened to me sometime ago, odd that it happened to you later on.

When did you get your 360? if that was the first update you have done then probably it is microsofts deal which is what ive always assumed

Either way you should really use tsconverter to convert them to dvr-ms....it will play just fine and you gain the ability to fast forward and rewind, keeping quality intact

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.