AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Too bad it's not... a PVR that is. The last sentence reads "Wood would not divulge too many details, but he said a future product will include a hard disk drive with DVR capabilities."

All this thing does is display photos or videos off of memory cards or streamed from a PC.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently I jumped the gun a bit in my excitement. If only it were true. My replay with DvArchive does that, well except for playing HD encoded files.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Wow, Roku has been talked about? Since ReplayPatrick (use to be ReplayPatrick) was talking finding beta testers.

Wow, Woods sold ReplayTV for $125M and was only offering $17M to buy it back from SB. That would have been a nice $108M profit. =)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TimSH
All this thing does is display photos or videos off of memory cards or streamed from a PC.
That's not quite true. We also play MP3 files from cards or servers, and we have an SDK to allow third-party application development as well.

While it's true that you can do some of these things with a PC, the HD1000 is disk-less, fan-less, supports component video output, and has a nice consumer-friendly UI. It's also software-upgradable, and we're already working on new features.

Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
Wow, Woods sold ReplayTV for $125M and was only offering $17M to buy it back from SB. That would have been a nice $108M profit. =)
I don't think Woods personally owned 100% of Replay when it was sold the first time. :)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Hi Mike,

What exactly does it mean that:

Roku HD1000 works with any TV, but it was built from the ground up to support high-definition television. With built-in 2D and 3D HD video processors, a real-time HD MPEG2 decompression processor and support for all HD formats, it’s the only digital media player on the market that lets you take full advantage of your HDTV.

Are the art packs and especially any moving video such as the aquarium pack, filmed in HD and compressed in a way so that the full HD picture is retained?

Are the art packs provided in 1080i, 1080p, or 720p?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Does it support 802.11b?
Sure. Via the USB port (which is active and does work for this purpose). You can, of course, also use a wired-to-wireless bridge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.