AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish more HD Radios mfgs would make a decent HD Clock Radio that the alarm function has "MORE" options such as programing weekdays and or weekends only.The HD radios that are available with these options are few and way over-priced!Cambridge had their 820 model with these alarm features in a decent price range but had poor bass response (no sub speaker) and now they no longer advertise or sell it on their website...humm?

I have an el cheapo Sony clock radio $17 BB that does weekdays,weekends or daily but I would love to swap it for HD Radio without having to laugh or balk at a ridiculous price for the ones I've seen! Polk has a nice radio now since their recent price drop,but it has poor alarm functions.It seems with todays technology all digital alarm clock radios would have more modern day alarm options instead of limited old school crap.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have spent hours searching for the exact same thing to no avail. That Cambridge Audio one was as close as I got. I decided today I would go ahead and get it and ran into the same thing the OP did. It's now gone from the website.

I'm hoping someone else here has a suggestion.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout /forum/post/15443082

I have spent hours searching for the exact same thing to no avail. That Cambridge Audio one was as close as I got. I decided today I would go ahead and get it and ran into the same thing the OP did. It's now gone from the website.

I'm hoping someone else here has a suggestion.

They periodically show up in Cambridge Soundworks' clearance page.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAG /forum/post/15786797

Cambridge has open-box 820 for $129 ( http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...3CW0290AA001-8 ). Glad I picked one up (brand new, not refurb or open box) last Fall for just $99 before the $50 rebate! Also, I think it must have some non-user-replaceable internal backup battery, because my settings survived a few power outages.

But did the clock itself survive? My memory is that the station presets and the alarm times were saved for quite some time when unplugged, but that the actual time would be lost after about 5-10 seconds. If that has changed, I might pick one up. Has it?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwagoner /forum/post/15810436

But did the clock itself survive? My memory is that the station presets and the alarm times were saved for quite some time when unplugged, but that the actual time would be lost after about 5-10 seconds. If that has changed, I might pick one up. Has it?

As luck (?!?) would have it, thanks to the windstorms in the northeastern US, we just got our power back on after a 30-hour-outage. The Cambridge Soundworks 820 DID retain all its settings, including time day and date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.