AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a head unit that has built-in HD radio as well as the ability to hook to an XM tuner.

The Pioneer DEH-P5200HD will work with the Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM tuner, so that's an option.

There is some attraction, though, to getting a unit that will interface with the XM Direct 2 CNP2000UC tuner by Audiovox, since this tuner has a mini-tuner card that can be used in multiple vehicles or home/vehicle.

The Jensen VM8013HD will work with the Audiovox tuner, though it's a bit more head unit than I really need.

The Kenwood KDC-HD545U is on the "pending approval" list at Audiovox, so I don't know if that means the firmware works now or not.

The JVC KD-AHD59 is on the approved list, but the model that replaced it (KD-AHD69) is not. Wonder if the 59 firmware works with the 69?

And finally, the Sony site says the Sony CDX-GT700HD and the CNP2000 are compatible on the Sony Bus system, but this receiver is not listed on the Audiovox chart and I wonder if there's firmware to make it work.

Anyone who can shed any light on my options (or others to look at) would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.