AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the first half on XP on a Ram and the 2nd half on another ram disc- It is so sweet - It beats anything else!(except maybe XP which is too much hassle-(has to be on the HD or three discs.) However I am not kidding you High Def at SP is an absolutely freaking incredible record on the Panny E-80 or E-85. I did the first half with all commercials and 2nd half same. Football season Baby! I am probably not gonna save it -I will just watch it -I was busy and only got to see 20 minutes.

· Registered
512 Posts
Houston Guy,

Being an engineer type, we have a saying "garbage in, more garbage out". I'm sure your recording looks nice if recorded from a high-def receiver even though the actual recorded quality is the same as any other recording made at the same speed.

It is a known fact in my world that any signal can be processed more aggressively if the input signal is pristine. In other words, the better the source material, the better the end product will look, even though the actual recorded quality is the same regardless of the source quality.

· Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John Alan
Houston Guy,

Being an engineer type, we have a saying "garbage in, more garbage out". I'm sure your recording looks nice if recorded from a high-def receiver even though the actual recorded quality is the same as any other recording made at the same speed.
Being the type easily confused by engineers, I have a question. :)

Are you saying his recorded HD game is not of a "better quality" than the same game recorded by a regular receiver. Please elaborate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.