AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm kinda new to all the HD jargon, but I'll try to explain this the best that I can.

I just got my Motorola 5100 from Comcast yesterday. Set it all up, everything without a hitch. I started searching for HD channels (geez, I didn't realise that digital cable had so many channels!) Anyways, I found ESPNHD. Except it was VERY clitchy. A lot of pauses and pixelation in the picture. I surfed to InHD1 and 2, and they were perfect, tried PBS, but it didn't look like a HD signal, so I went on. I found a few more HD channels which I cannot recall, but they were also very glitchy. All the music channels were broken, would just play little snips of songs and the display would completely screw up and off-center itself. So I thought that I had some sort of bad connection. So, I changed out the splitter behind the TV. Better signal, but still a little bit of glitching. So does this mean that I will have to go out and purchase an amplifier for the line? I already have one coming into the house, but it's only a one-way amplifier. I thought that was the problem, since you aren't supposed to have cable modems on them because they won't be able to send data back upstream. So I unplugged it. The signal just got crappy, so I plugged it back in.

Sorry about the scatterbrained post. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
Call Comcast, and arrange for a service call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.