AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Seems reasonable to me Art, given that D-Theater titles and HD tapes from HDNet are now available for purchase.

BTW that's an awesome home theater setup you have...exactly what I want if I ever build my own house! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I sent a p.m. to Alan G several weeks ago suggesting a separate software forum, but he never responded.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
An HD software forum would only be forward thinking. The advent of D-Theater software won't be the first foray into this category as we can expect to see other HD software products shortly.

I think we should have one.

Troy

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Troy LaMont
The advent of D-Theater software won't be the first foray into this category as we can expect to see other HD software products shortly.

Troy
Troy,

What other HD software is coming out shortly? I'm only aware of D-Theater. Did I miss something? HD-DVD is 3-5 years away by the most educated information.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There's the d-vhs stuff that hdnet is putting out...it's not D-Theater so it should play in all D-VHS units...

Ed Betty

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I would bet hd-dvd is 2-3 years away for the us on the outside; and sooner for japan, judging from the news stories coming out of CES that were on the web this year, I've lost the links, but I got to them though links posted in threads in these forums.

I too would like to see an hd software forum.

tony

·
Registered
430 Posts
I agree good Idea Art, lets keep the software from the Hardware, though it is still early days yet for D theater. Maybe when available titles get to at least 10, then there will be a greater need.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree that we should have a separate forum. How about "DVHS" and include the hardware (which now, of course, is only the jvc 30k)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
If the purpose is to "review," comment, etc., about HD software then why not using the laserdiscs and DVDs software Forum to that end? Does it really need to be segregated? That would be sort of elitist, won't it?

Anyway......Art, my friend...you are D-Man! Wow, what a home theater you got there! Makes my humble digs look like a pig sty by comparison... :(

-THTS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.