AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering. When I am watching digital cable in HD with the comcast motorola HDD200 box, my display says 1125i. Does this sound right? Also when I watch Regular digital tv, it also displays 1125i. The set top box has a switch and I have it set to native.

The picture on standard didital is great and the HD channels are beautiful. I am very pleased with the reception I get.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
PCM:

You don't mention what display you have. With my Pioneer 503CMX, when I display the source while watching HD satellite, it shows 1125i, so it sounds like it's normal.

·
Super Moderator
21,501 Posts
Paul

actually I think you are lucky

I would love to have HD cable! in my town, we have Comcast cable and digital cable but not HD- my cable signal is somewhat noisy so I use it for internet and use DirecTV for TV viewing- HD cable may have the potential for a better picture because of less compression

How do you feed the signal to the 503- through component input?

Mark

·
Registered
211 Posts
1125i is the number of scan lines based on the scan time of one line versus the frame time. The 1080i figure we usually see is the number of visible scan lines, and does not include those "lost" in the vertical framing interval.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feed the component from the comcast HDD200 box to my onkyo 696 and from the onkyo to input 2 component on the 503. I also feed my sony DVD progressive to the onkyo. I am really happy with the HDD200 comcast box. it feeds all my cable chanels to display 1125i. It does lock all the chanels in full mode, except when the HD channels that are broadcast in letterboxed or broadcast in 4:3. But the picture resolution is really very good. I called comcast on a WED. and they delivered the box on a Thurs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
PCM...

Could you help a new guy out and tell me how you get the photo on your post? I have a new digital camera I'm still learning, but how do you get it from "here to there"?

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'll try. I took the picture and uploaded it to my computer with the serial cable that came with the camera. I saved it to a file on my computer. and then hit POST REPLY on this thread, went to the bottom where it says attach file, browsed to the file on my computer where I put the picture, attached the file and hit submit reply.

I guess your camera came with software and a cable. Mine did, I don't know if this is what you wanted to know,if not give me more details. i'll try to help.

Paul

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks Paul...

I think that's exactly what I was looking for. Mine did come with software and the cables too.

Pat

Canon S-30 and loving it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.