Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,

I just lost channel 80 on directv, I am on the phone with D* now, and they are pretty much clueless. ANyone know what might be going on?

I have a HDTivo, and I noticed I just got the E update to the software.

Thanks,

-Dan

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Just checked, no problem for me.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I have posted about this for several weeks. CBS 80 gets blacked out for football (as expected) and is not switched back on until Monday. Happens every week. I call and e-mail, but they don't have a solution.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I lost CBSE HD channel 80 about 4-6 weeks ago and still get the dreaded x721 message. I called them twice and was on the phone for about 2 hours total. I am authorized to get this channel but they were stumped as to why it was dropped out. I finally gave up and it has not come back since. I do get NBC 82 and 88 Fox however. Luckily I get OTA CBS HD in the DFW area so its not a big deal, just annoying.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MnGuy
I have posted about this for several weeks. CBS 80 gets blacked out for football (as expected) and is not switched back on until Monday. Happens every week. I call and e-mail, but they don't have a solution.
I wish this were my problem. Ch 80 (and ch 81) is gone all day every day for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, what a waste of an hour+ of my time.

Gee, we apparantly blacked out that channel for the football games in your area, and we aren't sure how/when we are going to turn them back on....

I think it is about time to move to an area that isn't served by any local so I don't have to deal with the blackouts...

-Dan

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dweyant

Gee, we apparantly blacked out that channel for the football games in your area, and we aren't sure how/when we are going to turn them back on....

I think it is about time to move to an area that isn't served by any local so I don't have to deal with the blackouts...

-Dan
At least they were honest with you. They just told me I needed to reset my receiver and after that failed I need a new access card. Right.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dweyant

-Dan
I would think Kingsland is already far enough out to not be subject to NFL blackouts. Any further out and you're in Midland! :) Let me know if it comes back after a while. Mine never has. I am wondering if it would do any good to complain again.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
i don't know if this is realted but i lost whatever channel the raiders/saints game was on with about 3 minutes left in the game.

it came back after about 2 minutes but the message i got was "searching for satellite signal".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.