AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From CED, by Jeff Baumgartner:

Programmers and vendors alike have lined up to show off their wares at a special HDTV showcase at the forthcoming National Show in Chicago.

The show's 8,000 square-foot "HD Pavilion" will feature HD programming as well as HD gear (TV sets, monitors and set-tops) from manufacturers involved in a proposed "plug-and-play" digital agreement sponsored by the CE industry and some of the largest cable MSOs.

The Pavilion itself will be made of areas that showcase the "ultimate" home theater, a tutorial center for point-of-deployment (POD)-enabled sets, a retail exhibit featuring CableLabs' new HDTV-capable Go2Broadband service locator, and a lounge area for those who want to take a load off and enjoy some programming in all of its HD glory.

The National Cable & Telecommunications Association and CableLabs are co-sponsoring the new showcase. In conjunction with HDNet, the show, for the first time, will transmit general sessions in high-definition.

Programmers that will participate in the HD Pavilion include HBO, Cinemax, Showtime Networks, Discovery Networks, ESPN, A&E Television Networks, The History Channel, Madison Square Garden Networks, Bravo, Comcast SportsNet, HDNet and PBS.

On the technology front, the following vendors will be on hand: Sony Electronics, Scientific-Atlanta, Microsoft Corp., Philips Consumer Electronics, Motorola Broadband, Zenith Electronics, nCUBE Corp., Thomson, Sharp, Pace Micro Technology Americas, Panasonic, SeaChange International, CommScope, Samsung, Pioneer, Mitsubishi and Sencore.

The 52nd annual National Show kicks off June 8 in Chicago.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Gotta admit, this is the first that I've heard of proposed HD offerings from A&E and The History Channel. I know that AMC and IFC had proposed a few possible hi def channels, but with Cablevision's financial status that didn't seem too likely.

The regional sports networks like Madison Square Garden Networks, Comcast SportsNet, and the proposed Fox Sports regional networks aren't likely to be available to DirecTV and Dish Network customers anytime soon, but I wish cable HDTV subscribers many happy games of watching their favorite local teams win in HDTV.:cool:

In the meantime, I'm glad to hear that A&E, History Channel, Bravo and Scinemax are planning on joining the party soon. Hopefully Dish will offer HDnet and both satellite providers will offer HDnet Movies and ESPN some time soon!

Jim

·
Registered
625 Posts
and if you can't make it to the show you can watch the General Sessions on HDNet :)

Immediately adjacent to the HD Pavilion will be the production truck of HDNet, which will produce live from the floor, high-definition programming, including all of The National Show General Sessions. For the first time, all of the general sessions will be transmitted nationwide via satellite in high-definition.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is this show open to the general public? I live in Joliet, IL and might try to attend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.