AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Discovery Channel documentary film of "Quest for the Lost Pharaoh" airs Sunday, April 27, at 9:00 PM on The Discovery Channel (also on Discovery HD, I assume, since it was shot in High Definition & mastered in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound). I saw it in the edit bay while in Paris, last week, and it is a visually stunning film that is fascinating and revealing treat for the senses. We've all seen numerous films on Saqqara, Egypt, and the Stepp Pyramid built by Imhotep, and most of the films pretty much look the same. But director, Pierre Stine, works magic with the camera on this one, and all I can say is, he makes Saqqara look like "Stanley Kubrick filming a Salvador Dali landscape." It is visually hypnotic and really draws the viewer into the exploration & science. How do I know this? Easy. I'm the executive producer. Am I biased? Of course. I'll admit, this was my first serious exposure to HD, now, I'm a convert. If you have HD capability, you are in for a treat.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The HD airing for "Quest for the Lost Pharaoh" is going to be sometime in June. The non-HD version still airs this Sunday! Sorry!

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Fine. Be that way. Just for teasing us, may you be forced to edit using

3/4" tape and watch on a JVC monitor.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
You are Evil. Just like all of those in Montgomery Village!
May he suffer the worst traffic in the country. Oh- he's already been cursed with that:D (I was driving though Montgomery county this morning to Dulles Airport, no stop and go traffic on 270 - what a miracle!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by richardg
May he suffer the worst traffic in the country. Oh- he's already been cursed with that:D (I was driving though Montgomery county this morning to Dulles Airport, no stop and go traffic on 270 - what a miracle!)
Surley you are not speaking of the giant parking lot known as 270.

Egyptian, Any insider insight as to when us Comcast users can expect Discovery in HD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.