AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who actually has the DishNetwork vip922 Sling edition please confirm that it has 2 HD tuners, i.e. can record 2 HD shows at the same time (while also watching a HD show previously recorded, etc......

Also, if you can comment on the quality of the picture when viewing remotely over the internet. How does it compare to the quality of NetFlix HD streaming, etc....

I have spent hours scanning the boards with unclear or conflicting info.

I also spent 45 minutes on 3 seperate calls with Dish tech support, OMG was that painful..... on the first call the support guy said it had 2 tuners but that only 1 was HD.... the second said it had only 1 tuner period..... and the third finally said it had 2 HD tuners but that 1 was only accessable via a connected HD TV and the other was only accessable via a PC via the web........ the last one believe it or not was after being transferred to "Advanced Tech Support"...

Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, I don't own a 922, but I do own a 722 and I am very familiar with the 722k which is almost identical to a 922 except for being absent the Sling feature and a new UI on the 922.

Anyhow, your advanced technical support guy was absolutely 100% correct. There are two satellite tuners on a 922, and a 722(k), and a 622, and even a 612. If you add the ATSC module, it will have two satellite tuners, and two OTA tuners, all of which are HD. On Dish dual-tuner receivers, you can only view HD on the TV1 output via HDMI or component outputs. A recent firmware update has enabled TV2 output on the 922, so that it is just like the 722 in this regard. It can record in HD, but the output on TV2 is downconverted.

The only way to view HD on TV2 is via Sling, either the built-in Slingloaded feature on a 922, or the Sling Adapter on a 722. That was the PC/web part of the Advanced Tech Support comments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

First post of 2011 and I need your help. I've got the new 922 and a URC-RF20 to control all the components of my HT - which is more than the standard dish remote can control.

Can anyone tell me how to program the RF20 since the Learning function does not work with the dish remote work?

Thx!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
This is in answer to the question of the quality of video when viewed remotely over the internet. I remember hearing on a Tech forum that the sling feature tests the quality of the internet connection and adjust the quality of the video to take advantage of whatever the internet connection allows. In other word good or bad according to the connection.

Rick R

·
Registered
You can learn a lot from a dummy!
998 Posts
Can you connect 2 TV's to this (one HD, one SD) like one could with 722?

Dish is still listing this as a single TV device on their web site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.