AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done finishing my upgrade to a maxtor L01J100 120gb HD. Smooth as a babies butt. I check system info and it now shows recording time of 107hours. :)

I just followed the directions and made sure the jumper was in the master spot and it called right in and did it. Wife is going to be happy now!! I didn't really want or need the extra space but I had this funny feeling after my WebTV problems that it needed it. Finally the last 2 day's it would just switch off while watching a recorded show in the middle of it and I would turn it back on and all my recorded shows would not play at all. They would all say "Resume Play" and when you tried it would jump to the erase screen. So I'm hoping and praying that this is what the problem was and it's now fixed. All system test are great!!!!

Just thought I would pass along a smooth upgrade!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingcop
how do you check the amount of hours or memory used or available? thanks..:)
TV Home -> Settings -> System Test -> System Info -> More Info

Clip

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clip
TV Home -> Settings -> System Test -> System Info -> More Info

Clip
Sorry, that tells you the total hours (I misread your question).

You get the percentage of space used by going to My Shows -> History. It's then easy to convert from that to time used or remaining using the total hours.

Clip

·
Registered
524 Posts
Be interesting to see how the Quantum/Maxtor holds up in the UTV's their track record in the Tivo leaves a lot to be desired. I have a 60 gb in my pc and about one out of every ten boots system gives can find drive error.. prior to that I've had good luck with Maxtors.. 10, 20 and 40 GB drives if I recall.

Not so much a Western Digital fan but the drives have been rock solid on both my UTV's have used 40, and two 120 wd drives.

Of course the issue could be also system hardware and software being the root of the disk failures, plus some for user abuse... ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hoping it holds out. I've got the exact same drive in my PC and it works great and I've had no problems with it. I figure I paid 49.00 for the unit from Radio Shack and then 89 after rebates for this 120gb HD so all and all I'm still at a good price. So far so good, no problems yet tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.