AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took a deep breath yesterday afternoon and began the HD upgrade to my RCA utv. I followed the info from the blind squirrel post and everything went perfect. I would recommend that you remove the HD bracket from the motherboard in order to make the installing of the new HD easier. I used a Western Digital WD120BBRTL and removed the jumper completely as stated on the HD itself. I suspect that the placement of the jumper accrossed pins 4 & 6 as recommended in a different post is just a "parked" position for the jumper. After connecting to MSN it said I would receive 282 parts & it would take 104 minutes. I was done in 95 minutes. I have read in other posts that they received 202 parts in 74 minutes. I don't know what extra I got but I did check the system Information section after the upgrade and it showed I had gotten version 3.5 and that the available recording time was 105 hours. I can't hear any difference in the noise level of the new HD because of the noise from the extra fan I had installed but I have plans for that & will report when completed. I took a couple of weeks to prepare myself by reading all the posts in this and other forums and I want to say THANKS to everyone from all the info.

Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.