AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took a deep breath yesterday afternoon and began the HD upgrade to my RCA utv. I followed the info from the blind squirrel post and everything went perfect. I would recommend that you remove the HD bracket from the motherboard in order to make the installing of the new HD easier. I used a Western Digital WD120BBRTL and removed the jumper completely as stated on the HD itself. I suspect that the placement of the jumper accrossed pins 4 & 6 as recommended in a different post is just a "parked" position for the jumper. After connecting to MSN it said I would receive 282 parts & it would take 104 minutes. I was done in 95 minutes. I have read in other posts that they received 202 parts in 74 minutes. I don't know what extra I got but I did check the system Information section after the upgrade and it showed I had gotten version 3.5 and that the available recording time was 105 hours. I can't hear any difference in the noise level of the new HD because of the noise from the extra fan I had installed but I have plans for that & will report when completed. I took a couple of weeks to prepare myself by reading all the posts in this and other forums and I want to say THANKS to everyone from all the info.

Ken

·
Registered
315 Posts
Glad it went well for you, Ken.

The posts about 202 parts in 74 minutes were for upgrades prior to 3.5. 282 parts in 104 minutes is the right info for 3.5.

Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.