AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

I am having a problem with the audio track dropping out during my captures. This problem started occurring after I installed a SSD in my laptop.

I have updated all of the drivers I can think of (matrix controller etc.) but I could not find any drivers specific to the Samsung SSD.

My system details are as follows:

Camera: Sony HDR HC7

Software: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

Computer: Thinkpad T60p 2GHz duo core, 2 GB ram, Samsung SSD, FireGL V5200 video card.

Please post up if you have any ideas for me to try to correct this problem.

Thanks,

Jeff B

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
do the raw video files play back correctly? i'm talking about not when you are using vegas.

if you export a video file from vegas, does it play back o.k.?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by osv /forum/post/15577168

do the raw video files play back correctly? i'm talking about not when you are using vegas.

if you export a video file from vegas, does it play back o.k.?

Thanks for the reply.

The raw files play back fine when I am not in vegas.

When I try to render a HD video from the file in vegas, sometimes the program will crash but if it does not crash the rendered file also plays OK.

The main problem is when I am editing in vegas. I can see the audio drop to zero as shown in the photo below (also, if I play it in vegas, the audio stops playing at this point).

Thanks,

Jeff B

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
so the audio plays fine when you are not in vegas, and it renders the audio correctly when you export the video clip... bizarre.

it sounds like a possible vegas problem to me... you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by osv /forum/post/15577828

so the audio plays fine when you are not in vegas, and it renders the audio correctly when you export the video clip... bizarre.

it sounds like a possible vegas problem to me... you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Thanks for the reply, I thought the same and re-installed vegas but the problem still exists. Additional interesting points:

* I can easily swap the drives in my laptop. If I use the standard drive and capture the video to it the audio is fine.

* If I take a video clip captured on the SSD and copy it to the standard drive and edit in vegas it still has the dropped audio. (even if I force it to rebuild the peaks by deleting the .swf files)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
so strange... we know that the audio data is there, because you can hear it playing without a problem, outside of vegas.

did you clone the factory hdd to the ssd when you installed the ssd? if so, between doing that and swapping drives, i'd say that you have proved that it's an ssd problem.

you might have to do some more research, to see if there is in fact a driver for the ssd drive... i wouldn't think that there was, but it might need some tweaking in the computer bios.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by osv /forum/post/15581660

so strange... we know that the audio data is there, because you can hear it playing without a problem, outside of vegas.

did you clone the factory hdd to the ssd when you installed the ssd? if so, between doing that and swapping drives, i'd say that you have proved that it's an ssd problem.

you might have to do some more research, to see if there is in fact a driver for the ssd drive... i wouldn't think that there was, but it might need some tweaking in the computer bios.

Actually, I was not able to clone the new drive from the old one. It would not boot for some reason so I re-installed everything manually. I am half tempted to clone the SSD to the standard drive and try that....

jb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts