AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HD-XA1 does not generate ANY video output- neither component, video or HDMI. Yes, I was downloading the firmware update and YES I did find the update screen confusing and hard to read and I think I restarted the player. THAT caused the video output to dissappear. And just before that, the player said "can't read such and such". It was King King which the player stopped just after the introduction.

Now, I have no video output whatsoever regardless of disk format. Is there a way I can download ANY firmware and burn it to a DVD to restart this thing? Or do I need to send it to Toshiba for repair?

Thanks!

Clint

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
You might have nothing more than a brick if you updated and cycled the power while in the middle of the update, then to top it off you had a disc in the loader which is a no no.

Edit: here is a link to dl the 2.0 update, you need to burn the image with Nero

http://www.1080x1920.net/index.php?o...gid=4&Itemid=5

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I've downloaded the file. But I have a Mac and Nero is not compatible I guess. So, if it WERE compatible, what then do I do with the disk? Insert it into the player and turn it on? If I have to read a screen it won't work because there is no video output ALTHOUGH the front display does count down.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It finally works! Thank you for the tip. Now I have Version 2.0 and King Kong plays perfectly! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry guys dont mean to high jack the thread but at the same time dont want to start another thread, kinda a newb and want to make sure i do things right, i just got my XA1 tonight at work for really cheap. i mean $283 cheap lol but it hasnt had any firmware updates that i'm aware of and i'm just wondering which one i need to download or if i need to download 1.3, 1.4 and 2.0 any help is appreciated guys, thanks

·
Registered
4,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94z28l /forum/post/0

sorry guys dont mean to high jack the thread but at the same time dont want to start another thread, kinda a newb and want to make sure i do things right, i just got my XA1 tonight at work for really cheap. i mean $283 cheap lol but it hasnt had any firmware updates that i'm aware of and i'm just wondering which one i need to download or if i need to download 1.3, 1.4 and 2.0 any help is appreciated guys, thanks

Connect the player to your LAN and it will update it to the latest firmware or 2.0. Make sure you don't have a disc is the player and the update can take up to 45 minutes so while updating do not turn the player off (it will turn itself off when it's done).

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D /forum/post/0

Connect the player to your LAN and it will update it to the latest firmware or 2.0. Make sure you don't have a disc is the player and the update can take up to 45 minutes so while updating do not turn the player off (it will turn itself off when it's done).

good deal, thanks. that was fast

·
Registered
3,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C /forum/post/0

You might have nothing more than a brick if you updated and cycled the power while in the middle of the update, then to top it off you had a disc in the loader which is a no no.

Edit: here is a link to dl the 2.0 update, you need to burn the image with Nero

http://www.1080x1920.net/index.php?o...gid=4&Itemid=5

Evidently I'm either blind or dumb (or both) but I don't see anything to click onto to download. How does this site work?

Also, is the 2nd one down the safest?

·
Registered
435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 /forum/post/0

Evidently I'm either blind or dumb (or both) but I don't see anything to click onto to download. How does this site work?

Also, is the 2nd one down the safest?

You have to register first (free of course - there is option just below the log-in field). After you registered, "download" option will become visible on all downloadable files in the library. Remember - you have to burn the file to CD (NOT DVD) as DISK IMAGE, NOT your regular Data Disk! In case you need it, there is also available for download free utility to do so. You may also set the burn speed to something like 2x or 4x (as slow as your burner/software allows) since it minimises write errors.

After you have the CD, just insert it in player and follow on-screen instructions (be careeful to choose "OK", you have to move cursor from default "NO"!

DO NOT TURN THE PLAYER OFF DURING UPDATE, IT WILL SHUT ITSELF OFF WHEN DONE!

Kris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.