AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the HD-XA2 have the capability to transmit 7.1 digital surround? I notice in the setup it only allows 5.1, but will it be possible with a future firmware update?

·
Registered
165 Posts
the XA2 does send 7.1 bitstream with firmware 2.7 or higher. It will only send it to an hdmi 1.3 receiver. aka, a receiver that decodes the hd audio codecs.

·
Registered
822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmyname /forum/post/13016496

I have an XA2 with firmware 2.7 bitstreamimg audio to a Yamaha RX-V3800, which decodes the codecs.

Thanks for that model number , I like Yamaha a lot ...

Looking to upgrade !

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm really confused. Is it a requirement to have an AV Receiver?

Everytime I come onto this site I notice that people have all these different things attached to their HD players. I thought all you had to have was the player and the HDTV and you were set...am I mistaken?

What is it TRULY going to take (and cost) to experience True High Definition media in the comfort of my own home?

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushielsScion007 /forum/post/13035156

I'm really confused. Is it a requirement to have an AV Receiver?

Everytime I come onto this site I notice that people have all these different things attached to their HD players. I thought all you had to have was the player and the HDTV and you were set...am I mistaken?

What is it TRULY going to take (and cost) to experience True High Definition media in the comfort of my own home?

The HDM has two things to consider. Video = good display and Audio = good sound processor, amplifier and speakers.

The OP asked about 7.1 sound, so the answers are directed toward that question.

You can have the same great sound you had with DVD if you use a 5.1 solution, especially if it has analog inputs. You don't get the newer lossless sound solutions in every flavor.

You can even use just the TV speakers if you don't care about surround sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts