AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I tried rebooting my HD100 during a period, one of many, that a lip sync problem occured last night while watching ota HD. It seemed to clear up the problem which periodically clears itself with a momentary black screen. It seems as if this situation if getting worse with sync problems occuring more often. I was unable to try this repeatedly since the program ended but it seemed to work. Hope Sony is really working on this. Art

·
Registered
66 Posts
Art

I had lip sync problems several times last night (on the HD100) watching Armageddon (OTA 8.1 ABC) in Dallas. It always cleared up when a commercial came on. I also noticed that it would gradually get out of sync and continue to get further out of sync and after a while a slight picture black out would happen and then it would be back in sync again. Changing channels and a jump back also clears it up. I have had this problem with ABC here for a while. Signal strength is in the high 80's. I have reported it to Sony as well.

warren

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Warren,

I had continual lip sync drift with CBS at 100%. I will try going to another station and back but I don't think that will do it. It just seems to be getting worse. You could actually see it getting more and more out of sync until the screen would finally go black for an instant and the process would begin again. Sony knows about this and is working on it, they say. I had just not tried rebooting and was surprised that it seemed to work. I say "seemed" because I tried it only once and I suppose that there could have been one of those corrective blackouts during the shutdown. Art

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warren,

Right you are. Just toggling back nd forth between stations seems to right the lip sync problem. Much better than rebooting. Wonder why I was not smart enough to notice this before. Oh well, no use in being stupid unless you show it from time to time. thanks, Art

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have been putting up with the same thing for weeks (check previous posts). I only get it on one CBS station and was advised by others that it is a station problem not the HD100. Sony has been called many times about it and I was told by one of the Sony techs that it may not be the station's fault. However, I understand from other people on this forum that Sony is working with some stations to correct the problem. They fixed some problems out West and now working with some NY City stations. I am having the problem with WUSA in Washington D.C. Maybe D.C. will be next. Like I said, there are a lot of post on this topic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have noticed the lip sync problem (recently got an HDTV setup) and was wondering if anyone knows why this occurs.

Neil

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
nerbe,

Check out this link. Section 4.4.

http://www.atsc.org/papers/tsreport.html#resolution

It looks like audio lags in the 1080i mode and video lags in the 720p mode. I wonder if Sony just hasn't compensated correctly for this. The interesting thing is note 1 on table 4.2

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
155 Posts
Dave B,

Thanks for the link. If I understand the information correctly, it would appear the sync problem is a result of the encoding, not the STB. I have experienced the problem with my RCA DTC100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.