AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that Sony has worked with CBS to resolve the lip sync problem and that it IS fixed in LA and NYC. Could someone in those areas who was experiencing the problem verify that it is no longer happening?

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
9 Posts
It seems that the lip sync issue is now fixed but there's a new audio problem with the reciever "clicking".. The click seems to be like what what the receiver would do when switching over audio sources - let's say from Dolby Pro-Logic to Dolby 5.1.

I was going to play around tonight switching between digital and analog to see if that fixes the problem. Has anyone else noticed? The "clicking" over sound seems to happen about as often as the earlier lip sync problem occured (maybe 4 or 5 times each half hour or so). It was especially painful last night during Letterman (although that just may have been Leterman).

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lhamp,

That kind of puts the problem right on CBS in the other areas, doesn't it? If it was the HD100, wouldn't it fail everywhere? Just a thought.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
31 Posts
I get lip sync problems out of CBS in Philly but when I swing my antenna

around to get CBS in NYC ... no problem. So, it may be a problem with compatibility between some CBS stations and our HD100, but not all CBS stations and our HD100.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I used to have lip-sync problem with CBS-LA with HD100. Since their encoder upgrade, the lip-sync went away.

------------------

CC

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks CC, That's the kind of information I was looking for. Now we just have to find out when the stations in our local areas are going to do the upgrade.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I hope WUSA in D.C. gets the problem fixed soon then. I wonder if they even know about it yet or if there are enough of us in the D.C. area with HD100 boxes, to make it worth their while?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.