AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know about you guys, but the so-called half-hour dropout solution is not working for me. I've tried different jump scenarios... 199-509, 501-509, 206-509.... still get the dropouts every half hour.

Anyone else still experiencing this?

·
Registered
779 Posts
The hack is working for me. It is annoying when I forget to do the 199-509 jump before watching 509. I just wish Sony would get a fix out. Sorry it is not working for you.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wish I only got dropouts every half hour. The jump combos don't work for me. I continue to get 2 second video dropouts every few minutes on really bad nights... like tonight, alongside the half hour drops.

Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another poster mentioned 511->509. 199->509 didn't work for me. I don't have any problems so far with 511->509.

Ming

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have tried the all above combos, and I still get drops also. This is without going to OTA or using the jump buttom at all. This "jump fix" does not work....! It would be nice if Sony figures this out instead of them just saying "we are aware of the problems and our techs are working on it". Ya, right..., and when is the recall...??? If it is not fixed by my the 29th day of my purchase this box is going back... Everyone should bombard Sony with complaints again.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It has been working for me. When I make the jump, I also go to a couple of other channels on that satellite and then finally back to the channel I want to watch. As long as I stay on that satellite, I never have another problem all night/day long. When I go to OTA Digital I do the same thing. I go to say, 26.1 then 13.1 back to 26.1. The only problem still bugging me is the one channel lip sync. I do agree about Sony's lack of communication. If I don't call them, I hear nothing and even then they tell be nothing.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
As long as I make sure that neither of my 2 jump channels are OTA HD, I never see the dropout problem. Just because you don't use the jump button doesn't mean the HD100 doesn't have the 2 stations in it's memory. Using the channel up or down feature does not change the jump stations. The 2 jump stations will be the last 2 you entered the numerical code for. Also, once the drop happens, like when I forget to do my jump routine, it will continue to fail no matter what I do until I turn the box off and back on again.

So, here's what I do. Whenever I change from OTA HD to DSS, I key in any 2 DSS channels, normally the one I want to watch and 1 other, like 199. I then hit the recall (jump) button to make sure it is going between those 2 stations. If I remember to do that, I never see the drops.

I do wish Sony would get off their collective A**es and get this fixed. It is very frustrating to have to go through this routine every time I want to change from OTA to DSS.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Originally posted by dmbatch:

Also, once the drop happens, like when I forget to do my jump routine, it will continue to fail no matter what I do until I turn the box off and back on again.

This could be what I'm experiencing... thanks... I'll try it again tonight.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Man, this is getting more weird everytime we start posting these conditions. I have never had to turn my box off to stop the dropouts once they begun. If I forget to jump correctly and I get a drop-out, I just key in another channel, it comes on, I key in another just to make sure then I go back to the channel I was watching. I don't have any more drop outs after that. Still, its a pain-in-the___!

·
Registered
33,593 Posts
I've found, as did others, as long as I stay away from an OTA channel in the jump sequence I'm OK. Lip synch....that's another issue.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Ken,

Are you getting the lip-sync out of NYC or another NY station?

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ken... I've never had a lip sync issue in nyc with the sony... actually, I did just once with a pay-per-view... but that was it... never with ota.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have now seen it on KOMO DT (4.1) in Seattle.

------------------

The World Is Not Flat!

[This message has been edited by Babula (edited 05-08-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.