AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so I understand when I talk to Sony again. I should be getting information about the OTA HD channels in the HD-100 Program Guide? My understanding is that other STBs show this information so, the HD-100 should be able to also?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Currently, there is no info in the HD100 guide for anything other than DirecTV channels. For OTA Digital, it doesn't even get the Station ID which the manual says it should, it just says DIGT. Also, when in the guide, there is no audio or video in the media window for anything other than standard definition DirecTV channels.

The Hughes boxes and the Panasonic get guide info for local digital and local cable channels from the Satellite. The data is clearly available for download, so the Sony should be able to use it.

Tony

·
Registered
355 Posts
In NYC we are getting station ID and general station info. on only one channel: WPIX(WB in other areas). So it seems that it may be the stations who are not transmitting this info. BTW-all other NYC stations show no information for OTA HD.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have seen the local HD channel information on the Dish 6000 STB in my area, but not on my Sony. Do you think that info is coming from the Dish network or from the local broadcasters?

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dmbatch:
I have seen the local HD channel information on the Dish 6000 STB in my area, but not on my Sony. Do you think that info is coming from the Dish network or from the local broadcasters?

In my case, I know it is coming from Satellite because I get guide info for local analog cable channels that would not have PSIP info. Also, these are not locals that DirecTV offers so the guide info is obviously provided just for this purpose.

The Station IDs and channel remapping info for OTA digital stations do come from the PSIP data though.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.