AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a chance to sell my HD100 and buy the new HD200. This will cost me a little but I'm not sure it is worth even a small price as I read the HD200 exhibits random reboots. My HD100 runs fine with NO problems with OTA or DirecTV. My dad always told me don't fix it if it ain't broken. What do you guys think especially previous owners of the HD100 that have migrated to the HD200.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jon

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The HD100 had problems that were eventually solved with firmware updates. The HD200 now has problems that seemingly are because of problems with the networks and how they broadcast the PSIP info. As I recall, most of the reboot problems are linked to this. Many local stations are aware of this and are troubleshooting it from their end.

If there is some feature you are looking for in the HD200, make the jump because this is a good box. Otherwise, I'd stick with the HD100. I've got the HD100 and have decided not to buy another receiver that doesn't have firewire. Once a DirecTV receiver is available with firewire, I'm jumping ship. But decide what features are important to you, and then make your decision.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iceman143,

I read this forum several times a day and "YES" I've read the link you kindly provided and that thread went imediately off subject to IR performance. There was NO discussion on the subject of HD100 vs. HD200. Once again I would appreciate anyones point of view / feedback on whether it is worth upgrading from the HD100 to the HD200?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry Jon maybe the other thread reads differently to you but while there are discussions about remote use, that is one of the considerations that make the 200 different from the 100. There are a number of other posters proclaiming their choice in that thread. For you to say there was "NO" discussion on topic just means that you and I read the posts differently apparently.

The great thing about a forum like this is that you may ask the question as often as you wish; however the more times it is asked, the less the response seems to be. You had not received a great deal of response so I was simply trying to point you to another thread about the subject since I was already aware of it. It was not my intent to offend you. Please accept my apology if such occurred.

The poster on the other thread was looking at a swap which may not have cost him any money. If you are uncertain about spending the money I wouldn't do it. If your 100 is meeting your viewing needs why buy something else? It seems you have had a number of problems with your 100 in the past especially with lip sync issues.

I have the HD200 and have never had one reboot problem. I use it for OTA and DirecTV.

It is difficult to remove channels once they have been added to the program guide. There is not a separate delete function. If however you read the forum several times daily and have read the posts about the HD200 then you already know this.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iceeman143,

I appreciate your guidance and you're right there are discussions in that thread that do address the differences between the HD100 and HD200. I, as well as many, did experience many problems with the HD100 in the beginning but with the software patches the unit performs OK. I have noticed after Sony patched the unit the lip sync issued improved but now I see the picture pixelate approximately every 10 minutes where I think it re-syncs itself. It is not real noticeable but it bugs me to death and it only showed up after the patches were applied to the firmware. I notice this condition on OTA reception but I sometimes see it on DirecTV. My wife hardly notices the unit doing this but this alone is enough for me to make the jump to the HD200. I do not mind spending a few dollars to make the switch I'm just concerned with the reboot issue on the HD200 which seems to be isolated to certain geographical areas of the country which indicates the problem is probably associated with the broadcasters and not the HD200.

After re-reading the thread you posted I've decided to buy the HD200 at my local Circuit City for $634.00 (as advertised on their web site) which seems to be a good deal.

Thanks for your support,

Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.