AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own one of these STB's and are experiencing the HBO-HD dropout problem (I experience them ~1 - 3 times a movie) please call Sony @ 1-800-838-7669 and register the problem. Make sure you have your serial number off the bottom of the box. And be ready to placate them with a box reset e.g. unplug everything and clean your smart card. (what a waste of time)

I just got off the phone with their 2nd level and they claimed no knowledge of this problem. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/redface.gif Shocking isn't it. I would like to do my part in helping Sony understand the problems with this unit so we can hopefully get this problems solved on an otherwise great box.

They also did not appear to be aware that the box was picking up station id's from DTV OTR stations. So if you are seeing DIGT X.Y instead of the right station id maker sure you tell tell them about that too.

They did confirm that the fan problem is in process with no eta on an resolution, and that there is a lipsync problem problem only with OTR DTV sources.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:

They also did not appear to be aware that the box was picking up station id's from DTV OTR stations. So if you are seeing DIGT X.Y instead of the right station id maker sure you tell tell them about that too.
I reported this a week ago, as well as two other problems related to PSIP data. The 2nd level tech was useless, but called a 3rd level tech (we can't speak directly to them) who said they know about it and it will be fixed in a future firmware update. No date available though.

Tony

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump to encourage folks to call sony.

If you want to reference my event number it is E11643549. This include the HBO HD audio/video dropout, loud fan noise and lack of station id data on otr DTV stations.

For those with the problem please post your event numbers so when we call sony back they can not claim no one has call with this problem.

Regards,

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.