AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my two S-video ouputs does not seem to work. One is connected to my AV Receiver. The other directly to a Sony SLV-R1000 S VHS Deck. No video to the R1000. Had to go with a composite link to get picture. Does it only support one simultaneous S-video output?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Chiph

I have both of my HD100 S-video outs connected and live at the same time, one to a tivo and another to a TV, no problems with both working at the same time. This is with the Video 1/2, VHF/UHF 480i selected, I think all of these outputs are active with this setting. I think in all other modes, the S-video is disabled. If both of yours are not active, there may be a connection loose in the unit, also, try switching the outputs via the front pannel switch to cycle through to the first selection.

Warren

·
Registered
246 Posts
warren53: are you able to record the downconverted hd channels via s-video to your tivo???? If so how does it look compared to sd ota or directv locals???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jay L

I have recorded Directv 509 and some of the OTA stations on the TiVo via the S-Video outs and I think the quality is better than just the normal OTA or Directv stations into the Tivo. The TiVo causes some degration due to the encoding process, but not really enough to complain about - I normally record in Best or High quality and am very happy with the results - much better than any VHS recording. I usually watch most shows directly into the monitor from the HD100, but my wife watches most directly from the HD-100 to TiVo to the monitor with no complaints. She likes the guide on the TiVo better than the HD100 - although it does not have the OTA DTV stations in the guide yet. Hope this helps.

warren

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I've got both svideo connections in use at the same time too (not with component output, that's impossible) One to my AV/Receiver the other to my ReplayTV.

The replay recordings look good, better when recording HD content coming out on s-video. But, I don't trust having the replay record the OTA channels, because the channels aren't in the channel guide (at least not that I've seen, they may be there for OTA input, but that's not my setup. My OTA feed is coming in through my HD-100)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.