AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what exactly this does? I can't tell the difference from when it's switched to when it's switched off. In both cases, the channel that's highlighted appears in the upper left hand corner.

I've had this thing for about a month now... it never occured to me to turn the surf off (I'm now checking various dropout scenarios)... now that I turn it off everything seems exactly the same.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I cant figure out the difference either. I turned it off a few days ago to see if it made a difference with dropouts. It did not make a difference and I could see a difference in the functionality.

Regards,

Brian

[This message has been edited by btmoore (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
lhamp,

I think this works in the station logo mode. When you switch it "off" (or is it "on"), you either get a picture in the upper left and no description in the upper right or vice versa. I tried it when I first got it and it worked that way as I recall. It has no effect in the more typical "grid" menu.

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
The surf option on the Sony STB is only for the Index guide.

When you turn the Surf option "ON", you can surf the station logo's while maintaining the last channel you actually tuned to in the display window.

When this option is "off", as you surf from one logo to another, you will notice the channel in the display window also changes.

JOE

LOUD FAN NOISE!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ihamp,

Keep testing those dropout scenarios! I was doing the same (but I missed that one)... RF/IR mode, with/without OTA, surf ahead through the guide, S-Video out, etc...

All dead ends. Still dropouts. Seemed better last night thou. Just luck I'm sure.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.